Customize the Template Used by Email Button
This tutorial explains the steps you need to take to customize the template Email This Issue uses when you send emails manually with the Email button.
To customize the templates used by the Email button, you must do following:
- Customize the template
- Associate the template with your projects and/or issue types
Customize Email Template
- Go to JETI Administration / Templates (JIRA_BASE_URL/secure/admin/jeti/jetiTemplates.jspa)
- Click Add to add a template for your outgoing emails, base your template on Default or on an existing JIRA event template (e.g. Issue Created), call the template e.g. Custom Template.
- Customize the template according to your needs, use the field picker to add issue fields, custom fields, comments or issue linking information, etc.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to persist your template.
- Test your template using the Test operation.
Related documentation: Email Templates
Associate the template with your projects and/or issue types
- Go to JETI Administration / Contexts (JIRA_BASE_URL/secure/admin/jeti/jetiProjects.jspa)
- Click Add to add a new context with the following attributes:
- Project: select the project you want to apply notifications to. You can leave Project empty to use this context for all projects.
- Issue Type: select the type you want to apply notifications to. You can leave issue type empty, to use this context for all issue types.
- Template: select a default template for this context (e.g. the one you customized above, Custom Template). This template will be used by the Email button.
- Notification template: you can leave empty.
- External Watchers Field: select a field to add external recipients as watchers to the issue. You can leave it empty.
- Sender Name Pattern: enter a name that appears in the emails as the sender, you can leave it empty. You can use velocity markup to dynamically generate the sender name upon issue fields.
- From Email Address: enter the email address you want to use as the from address in emails. You can leave it empty (in this case the project's notification sender address will be used) . You can use velocity markup to dynamically generate the sender name upon issue fields.
- Repeat step 2 to add all contexts you want.
Related documentation: Contexts