After you complete this tutorial, you will be able to send issues in email from JIRA using the default email template.
Prepared for immediate use
You can use Email This Issue immediately without any upfront configuration. See the below steps to learn how to send your first email.
This tutorial presumes you have successfully installed Email This Issue and have saved your license key. Also you have an SMTP server configured in JIRA (see Administration / Outgoing Mails).
- Open an issue and find for the Email button in the top right corner of the page
- Click the button or type 'q' that is the keyboard shortcut
- The Email screen appears with the issue details in the right column of the page
- Add recipients in To or Cc section
- Specify your email subject and body
- Click Send
- You are done. You email has been generated using the default template and is delivered to the recipients.
Setting up an Email Help Desk — This tutorial explains the steps you need to follow in order to set up a typical email help desk using Email This Issue without JIRA Service Desk.
Setting up Customized Notifications — This tutorial explains the steps need to setup customized event notifications.
Customize the Template Used by Email Button — This tutorial explains the steps you need to take to customize the template Email This Issue uses when you send emails manually with the Email button.