How to customize Email From in outgoing emails
SINCE VERSION 5.3
"From" attribute of emails are normally composed of two values:
- email address of the sender
- name of the sender
E.g. when you see that the sender of an email is "John Doe <firstname.lastname@example.org>", "John Doe" is the name of the sender, while "<email@example.com>" is the sender email address.
Set From Name
JETI Allows you to configure the From Name in emails via the Contexts. The attribute is called "Sender Name Pattern". It is a Velocity Markup field that will generate a label to be used as the From Name.
- To use the project name with the word "Hotline", configure this pattern: $!issue.projectObject.name Hotline
- To use the value of a custom field instead: $!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, 'customfield_10000')
If you do not specify any values, JETI will fall back to JIRA's Email From setting in General Configuration.
Sender Name Patter is applied only if the user does not enable the option "Send mail with me as sender". In this case, the user's full name will be used.
Set From Email Address
JETI will use JIRA's project email address to set as the Email From address.
There are two ways to override this:
- enable "Send mail with me as sender" option when sending the email. In such case, the user's email address will be used.
- enter a From Address in the Contexts. This will override the project email address