Setting up Customized Notifications
This tutorial explains the steps need to setup customized event notifications.
To customized event notifications you'll have to do the following:
- Create email templates for issue events
- Configure notifications with issue events
- Apply the notifications to projects and/or issue types
Create Email Templates
- Go to JETI Administration / Templates (JIRA_BASE_URL/secure/admin/jeti/jetiTemplates.jspa)
- Click Add to add a template for your outgoing emails, base your template on Default or on an existing JIRA event template (e.g. Issue Updated), call the template e.g. Custom Issue Updated Template.
- Customize the template according to your needs, use the field picker to inlcude add issue fields, custom fields, comments or issue linking information, etc.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to persist your template.
- Test your template using the Test operation.
- Repeat steps 1-5 to create all templates you may need. Note: a template may be reaused in multiple event notifications
Related documentation: Email Templates
Configure Notification Events
- Go to JETI Administration / Notifications (JIRA_BASE_URL/secure/admin/jeti/jetiNotifications.jspa)
- Click Add to create a new Notification Template, call it anything, e.g. Custom Notifications
- Now you are in the Notification Events page.
- Click Add to add an issue event to the Notifcation.
- Select an event type e.g. Issue Updated. and the template, you created for this event, e.g. the Custom Issue Updated Template.
- Now you are in the page configuring the event.
- Set the JQL filter to a valid query if you want to target your event notification to issues matching the JQL query.
- In Recipients (To), Copy Recipients (Cc) and Blind Copy Recipients (must be enabled separately), add recipients:
- Add users and/or email addresses
- Select watchers, project lead, assignee, reporter, roles, groups and custom fields in the dropdown.
- In Content, enter your email subject and body according to your needs. These values will be combined with the Template to build the emails content and layout.
- Also select an attachment rule, to specify how attachments should be (or should not be) added to the email
- In Options, select HTML email type and other options as you whish.
- Click Save to persist your settings
- Repeat the above steps from Step 8 to add all your events.
- Here your notification may look similar to this:
Related documentation: Event Notifications
Apply Notifications to Projects and Issue Types
- Go to JETI Administration / Contexts (JIRA_BASE_URL/secure/admin/jeti/jetiProjects.jspa)
- Click Add to add a new context with the following attributes:
- Project: select the project you want to apply notifications to. You can leave Project empty to use this context for all projects.
- Issue Type: select the type you want to apply notifications to. You can leave issue type empty, to use this context for all issue types.
- Template: select a default template for this context.
- Notification template: select the notification you created above (Custom Notifications).
- External Watchers Field: select a field to add external recipients as watchers to the issue.
- Sender Name Pattern: enter a name that appears in the emails as the sender, you can leave it empty. You can use velocity markup to dynamically generate the sender name upon issue fields.
- From Email Address: enter the email address you want to use as the from address in emails. You can leave it empty (in this case the project's notification sender address will be used) . You can use velocity markup to dynamically generate the sender name upon issue fields.
- Repeat step 2 to add all your context you want.
- Here your context may look similar to this:
- Now your notifications are active in the project(s) for the issue type(s) of the context(s).
Related documentation: Contexts