"Cloud is the future!" A phrase we all hear very often, yet many of us still don't know what to do and where to start. Atlassian is taking cloud migration seriously and has increased prices for its server and data center products. Moreover, support, security updates, and bug fixes for server products will cease to exist from February 2024. If you're considering making the move to Jira Cloud, but the thought of losing all your hard work and established workflow rules is holding you back, we understand the daunting hurdle you face. That's why we've developed something special to make your life a little bit easier. Introducing our top-rated app, Jira Workflow Toolbox, which now offers an automated migration path to Jira Cloud.
1. What is Jira Workflow Toolbox?
Jira Workflow Toolbox ("JWT") for Jira Cloud gives you all the tools you need to easily implement and automate processes by extending Jira Cloud's limited workflow capabilities - from Conditions and Validators to Post Functions. Enjoy an unparalleled user experience when implementing and automating daily processes - from simple requirements to highly complex business workflows.
Each function is based on an easy-to-use interface that guides the administrator through the configuration steps. Built-in examples and a comprehensive in-app manual provide the right help exactly when it is needed.
2. What is the new automated cloud migration path?
The new automated cloud migration path for Jira Workflow Toolbox is a tool that allows users to migrate their workflows from Jira Server or Data Center to Jira Cloud with ease. This migration path is built on top of the Atlassian Cloud Migration Assistant, a tool that helps users move their Jira instances to the cloud.
With the new automated cloud migration path, Jira Workflow Toolbox users can migrate their workflows, including custom fields, conditions, validators, and post-functions, to Jira Cloud in just a few clicks. The tool automatically detects and maps the fields and functions in the workflow, ensuring that the migrated workflow functions correctly in the cloud.
The cloud migration runs project-based, meaning only those JWT functions defined in the workflows belonging to the migrated projects are migrated.
Atlassian's documentation provides detailed information on what gets migrated with the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant and how it handles certain data. However, there are specific scenarios you should be aware of when migrating JWT:
- Only custom fields associated with a screen of the migrated projects are migrated, and they have different custom field IDs after migration.
- Not all locked custom fields may be migrated, even if they are associated with the screen and available in the Jira Cloud instance.
- If entities with the same name already exist on Jira Cloud (e.g., custom fields when re-running a project's migration), a "migration" tag will be added to the name.
- Only resolutions used by the issues of the currently migrated projects are migrated.
- Only issue link types used by the issues of the currently migrated projects are migrated.
- Global reflexive transitions are not migrated by the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.
3. Benefits of the new automated cloud migration path
The new automated cloud migration path provides several benefits for Jira Workflow Toolbox users, including:
- Faster migration: With the new migration path, users can migrate their workflows to Jira Cloud quickly and easily, saving time and effort.
- Accurate migration: The tool automatically maps the fields and functions in the workflow, ensuring that the migrated workflow functions correctly in the cloud.
- Seamless integration: The migrated workflows seamlessly integrate with Jira Cloud, allowing users to continue working with their workflows without interruption.
- Reduced downtime: The automated migration process reduces the downtime associated with manual migration, ensuring that teams can continue to work without disruption.
Cloud migration is becoming increasingly important as companies embrace the benefits of cloud-based solutions. Atlassian's decision to increase prices for server and data center products, along with the discontinuation of support, security updates, and bug fixes, has pushed many organizations to consider moving to Jira Cloud. However, the fear of losing established workflows and hard work can be a significant hurdle to overcome.
Jira Workflow Toolbox's new automated cloud migration path offers a solution to this challenge. By providing a seamless migration experience and ensuring accurate migration of workflows, Jira Workflow Toolbox simplifies the transition to Jira Cloud. Users can enjoy faster migration, maintain their workflow rules and configurations, and experience reduced downtime during the migration process.
Don't let the fear of losing your workflows hold you back from embracing the cloud. With Jira Workflow Toolbox and its automated cloud migration path, you can confidently make the move to Jira Cloud and unlock the full potential of cloud-based collaboration and productivity. Start your cloud journey today and experience the benefits of a more streamlined and efficient workflow management system.